Saturday 18 February 2017

Grantham Feel Good Fitness Gym, How its changed my life | DanielMarshallAdventures






In 2016 I aimed to get fitter & stronger as my body was so weak i could barley carry shopping home.

In August I think i can not Remember, Grantham Feel Good Fitness was having a limited offer, 25 people could Join for £11.99 A month Instead of £22.99 a month.
I had never been one for working out, but decided to snatch up the offer.

The only Gym Experience I have had was going once a week when i lived in Nottingham to my local leisure centre & some cheap day passes to other gyms.

After a few months of going i started to  enjoy working out, i went from lasting 10-15 Minutes on the treadmill to 30-40. I also picked up my speed and was starting to get fitter.
However i only kept myself to a few machines as i was very forgetful how to use them due to my dyspraxia.

Even though i was noticing a slight change in my fitness and strength it was not enough.
I did not have the drive or the motivation to push myself.

I often also get worried and think people are judging me and looking at me, so i did not talk to anyone and would often leave earlier then i wanted to.

So I Decided what i needed was a gym Buddy someone who can help me reach my goals, have a laugh and enjoy going to the gym even more.
After asking on Facebook Groups if anyone went to the same gym, for over a month, i lost all hope.
That was Until Lee contacted me.
I am sure he wont mind me using the pictures and his name (:

What i did not expect to find were the best people in my life so far as you can see from the picture on the top of the screen. This Picture was took with one person missing which was my other friend Steven, who could not make the session when this picture was took.

I not only fount myself a gym buddy but 2 people who would become my friends.

The First few sessions with these guys was the most intense workouts of my life.
The months before i met these people the only weights i had done was on my legs.
So to go from hardly any weights to using over 10 different machines, working on different parts of the body was something my body was not ready for.

The first session i had with them, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder, i was also on extremely low weights.

As i started to workout with them more the more we all got along and bonded (:

we go 4 times a week, and stick to a list of what we are working on and how many sets we aim to do.

The worst day which is now become my best day is leg day, where we work on just our legs.

It really makes a huge difference when you have people who will support you and push you to new limits.

For me my body has changed a lot, i feel faster, stronger, better stamina and more happy.

Gym was something i always hated but now i strive to do better and better everytime i go and come away feeling pumped and motivated for the rest of the day.

I am useless at remembering names of the exercises we do.
But here is a quick summary of how much my weights have increased.

The machine were you sit and put your legs over a roller type thing and use your legs to move up and down went from 70KG When I Joined to pushing 135KG.
That is also the same for the one where your legs are this time underneath it.

Treadmill speed increased from 5 to 8, and the amount i stay at a higher speed has increased as well.

One of the worse Exercises i hate doing, due to it ripping into my hands is where you have a mental triangle grip above you as if something from a adventure playground.
you sit down put a roller on your knees lean back, reach for the grips and push them to your chest up and down.

I started at 40kg and i can now push 75KG I would of been able to push more but because it hurts your hands so much the pain was to much to bare.



Now that my awesome friend lee has brought me these Gloves i hope i can push harder then i have been doing.




Another exercise i hated doing to start with but now i like it, is the deadlift.
Its a bar with weights either side, you can do different things with it, like swats that i really struggle to keep my body balanced, i first started with 5kg and struggled so much, now i can push 20kg
Lee took this Picture when i was not looking, cheeky sod !!! The Photo Ninja (: I also look derpy as well lol.

I think out of all the workouts we do this next one Is the worse due to my own body balance.

Once a week i think, we all go into the dumbbell room, and again you can do different workouts with these equipment.

One of which is you grab the weight of the dumbells you can manage, lay down on a bench, spread your arms apart and bring them together.

That might sound so easy but trust me it is not, the force of you laying down adds more pressure.
For me I always need my buddies to help as the weight does not bother me its the fact my arms will not keep straight one bit hehe.

I could make a longer list of my developments but this blog post would be to long !!

I will say that i have now been with my friends for over 2 months now, they have changed my life, i feel more confident when going to the gym.
Ok at times when go by myself i still feel like leaving but i now talk to the staff a bit, & have fun.

Grantham feel Good Fitness is becoming my 2nd happy place, the more happy places i have the better i become and feel.
The staff are so kind, polite and have a laugh.
They workout as well, which is awesome that they value  their fitness as well.
Their business is growing, with new classes starting up, their equipment is amazing to.

Ok you could pay 30 pounds a month for anytime time fitness, open 24-7,
and may be better in some aspects.
But once again its the community and people that make feel good a place to want to work out.
You often find with bigger chains they spend less time with customers and more time expanding and wanting money.

I hope Grantham Feel Good Fitness keep growing, I hope more people come and join in the experiences, its a wonderful place and i love being there (:

I Also Aim to keep Taking Photos Of my Progress at the gym & at home !!!
If you want to follow me on social media then please do, but first feel free to check out Feel Good Fitness Website (:

http://www.feelgoodfitness.net/

https://www.facebook.com/dmpphotographyuk/
https://twitter.com/DanMediaP
https://twitter.com/DMPWORLDMUSIC
https://twitter.com/DanielMVlogs
https://www.instagram.com/dmpadventures/
http://dannytheexplorer.tumblr.com/
http://dmpuk.weebly.com/








































 

No comments:

Post a Comment