Tuesday 28 February 2017

Saving Grantham A & E & National Protest March in London to SaveOurNHS |Daniel Marshall Adventures



On Saturday 25-02-17 The town Of Grantham came to march for their A & E To be re open to its hours it should be !!!
Thousands turned up with banners, catchy phrases like what do we want A & E when do we want it Now !!!
The town also showed its musical Talent with some amazing singing (:

I went to cover this event with Photography and video of the march and interviews.

I will leave all links to the videos at the end of this post.

As i explained in a video i did explaining 10 things you need to know to be a photographer, you need to be there at least a hour before the event starts.

Why well with thousands turning up to march, with banners etc there was a lot what needed to be captured.

If i had turned up at the time of the event starting i would not of been able to do this.

I turned up at 10 and even though there were not many people there to start with i managed to interview Jody Clark.

Be time i had done that more people how showed up.

I was not the only photographer or film crew there to capture footage.
so i was trying my best to be just as good but not to also get in the way of the others.

Sarah Stock was just about to be interviewed so i sneakily took a photo which you can see below



I managed to also interview Sarah Stock along with Melissa Darcey.
I took all the videos and photography I could before the march and was now time to Film the march.
as like with the last march i stood in the best spot to capture the start of the march.
I then kept running to make sure i was always In front of the crowd.
It is harder then you think to Film walking backwards, making sure you are not going to fall over, bash into anyone, while at the same time making sure you get the footage you need without it being poor quality.

My Job was far from over as i now had to get back to edit the photography and videos.
I had a feeling whenever i have anything big to cover my computer would play up which it did.

It kept freezing, crashing, and being slow.

After nearly 2 hours i managed to get it sorted and started editing the march, all the parts that was blurred, me running etc.
so that the march could be at its best quality, while the video was exporting, i was editing the photos which was going like a snail due to having 2 massive programs open.

The march video took 3 hours to export and just under a hour to upload.
being a video producer and photography does not mean your work stops when you post it.



you got to keep sharing it to different websites, different groups etc.
So that it reaches the maximum audience.

I was then Retweeting any posts, pictures and videos over on my Dan Media Productions twitter page and the new page i had created helping lincolnshire.

The process of editing the videos had really made me feel really down even though i wanted to get them up and did enjoy the day.

I still had 2 more videos to edit which i decided to leave to the next day,

at top of doing all the above i got flooded with likes, comment, shares that i had to reply to.

It was a amazing day of support from the community of Grantham
Lincolnshire Reporter who also was covering the event put my video in his article and i was so pleased that my work was going to get even more out there.

I had managed i would have to think about whether to still do videos, i did not get much time to think about this when i was asked to come along to the National Protest March in London to #SaveOurNHS From Cuts, Closures and Privatisation - Join 10s of 1000s of people from all walks of life - Doctors, Nurses, Patients and Campaigners will all March through London United for our NHS.

This event is going to be huge, although i was thinking about not doing videos, the need to want to do good and get known outweighs everything.
We are leaving around 7am which means i need to be awake at 5.30am and leave at 6.30 am.
we probably wont get to london to around dinner time.
Its going to be a long day, very busy, and lots to do, and we all will be looking to come back to Grantham i should think after 6pm.

which means that i will have to edit any photos and videos when i get back, and the next day to get them up as quick as i can.

If your covering a event there is no point putting content up a week later, it needs to be current,
so it can trend and get out there.

I am hoping my anxiety will not play up, i have been to London a few times and i have not enjoyed it not because of the place, but because of how busy the place is.

I can tell its going to be so much harder to film, i need to keep my ears and eyes open more then ever,
Not be afraid to beat the other photographers and film crews to the best spots to stand to capture the footage.
Again its not enough to capture it you need to know how to 
distribute the content, which i know how to do (:

I hope the day will go great, that the community will keep going as there will be abut 100 of us going from Grantham and because its a global thing, there will be people coming to the event from all over.

It will be a experience like no other, a test to see if i am a good photographer and video producer and it will improve my skills, networking and portfolio.
Thank you for reading look below for all links and videos (:
I also wanted to thank all of grantham for their support for my work (:









Thanks to Lincolnshire Reporter for adding my content which you can see their content here
http://lincolnshirereporter.co.uk/2017/02/video-passionate-grantham-residents-speak-ludicrous-ae-closure/





 




 



 





No comments:

Post a Comment