Tuesday 30 May 2017

Grantham Music extravaganza Bank Holiday weekend !!!! | DanielMarshallAdventures



The last month I have started going out to see the local music events in Grantham.
I have to say that this bank holiday weekend which started on the 26th may 2017 saw so many artists and to me was the best bank Holiday weekend ever.

First off is someone who is so amazing that I have seen him not once but 3 times in just over a week.
Which is CJ Hatt, i did a blog post about seeing him at Castle Gate Grantham, the weekend before, which Grantham Matters Mentioned it.
Its funny how cross promoting works that, my Blog post was about the night and promoting not only the business but the performer, which then Grantham Matters promoted it more (:

CJ Hatt, put on his Facebook that we was going to be out in Grantham, in the streets Performing, over a few days.
So on Friday 26th May 2017 i went out with my camera to meet him, and capture his awesomeness.
I left at the right time as i got to have a nice long chat with him, it was the first time i had talked to a artist and it felt a once in a lifetime thing so i made the most of it.



It was a hot day, and i stayed for about a hour making sure to get a lot of photography as well as capture the videos, which you can see all the links to them at the end of this post.

I really enjoyed listing to his music, and at one point he did a great guitar solo, which he ended up hurting himself a slight bit but he just enjoyed playing that much (:
Although i enjoyed every song he played, i have to say that he smashes the tenacious d songs.

he reminds me a little of Jack Black, and remembering how  good the film school of rock was.

After putting up the photography and videos, CJ Hatt mentioned me and helped share the video which is nice when you can connect with a artist help them and they help you.

Moving onto Later that evening was a band called Loose Change who were playing at the Nobody Inn In Grantham.




I stayed around half a hour, due to again it being to hot, plus my depression started to kick in and i did not feel great.


A different style of music and atmosphere was played by them, and i enjoyed the music again, I got some more photography, and a video still to sort out, of them performing.
The venue is next to the amazing Hunters Bar which is a pool, snooker and much more business.
Has the best drinks, and cheesy chips in the world hehe (:

Onto Saturday which was a really busy day for seeing artists.
At the Railway Club in Grantham Lou Dean was playing, I did not attend this so if anyone who has been captured any of the playing, please contact me on Facebook, and i will add extra details in.
Same for Oak who played at The Kings Arms.

The event i Did go to was packed with musical talent.
This Inc Misty Miller, Matt Grocott, Spud,Katie Lyle, Rupert Tyreer.
I got talking to Trevor who runs The Grantham Live Music Scene.
He Helps put on the events, tells people what events are going off and even takes photography.
Here are a few of his images.


This was the first event i managed to stayed to the end, and i am glad i did as the music was so powerful, and mesmerising, Misty Miller, and Katie has voices that you could just drift off to, and relax, such talent, and amazing singers.


Spud was like a comedy singer, and i really enjoyed his style, chanted with him, and he got the crowds going,
Below you can see my Images i took, I also got footage of many of the acts, which i am still going through, so keep getting this blog and my social media for updates !!!


I think that night was one of the best nights of a good range of musicians, every single one i can see going far in life, it was not to busy, but not to quiet in the pub either which meant i could enjoy the night better.



So Onto Sundays Musical Entertainment !!!
I Did not get chance to see Not Quite Geoff, who was playing at the sir Isacc Newton Pub,
The system who was at the Royal queen or even The Random who played at the white lion, due to editing photography and videos most of the day.
I did save myself to walk a long way to see Mr CJ Hatt once again who i did not think i would ever get to see again.
This time he played at the Recruiting Sergeant which was at Great gonerby.



I got there with plenty of time to spare, But at i entered i was over whelmed to see it was so packed already.
CJ was setting up and had a talk to him, about some things, mentioning how bright the led lights were, and finding myself the perfect stop to sit.
I noticed lots and lots of food being brought out, from sausage rolls, slices of pizza, chicken nuggets, sandwiches and so much more food.
I said to CJ i wonder who has ordered the food, it turned out the venue had put on a free Buffet.
I had no idea about this, and decided to get a few bits, which the quality of the food was OMG so tasty.
within 15mins, It all has nearly gone !!!!
CJ played some different songs to which he had played in town which was good to hear what else he played.
I got myself a Big glass of Lemonade which was cheap, and was nice and cold, since again it was really warm weather.
CJ Played a cover From Busted which was the year 3000, and i have to say he was freaking awesome.
His voice is so pure, and has one of the best singing voices in my opinion in the world.

He spoke about going to the Festival too, and Playing At Glastonbury this year !!!
So i not only got the chance to spoke to CJ on more then one occasion, listen to his music, but meet someone who is going to be famous !!! hehe (:

I also got some news that make me enjoy the night even more, one person said to CJ that they had seen my post from Grantham Matters about him.
Another person thought i worked for a magazine, which i got to know the person talked about my history off Photography and videos and how i like to help my local community.

Towards the end it got really busy, with people dancing around, which meant i could not capture anymore photography or videos but decided to stay around for a bit longer to just live in the moment and enjoy the music.
I stayed for about 3 hours but due to it getting really packed i decided to leave as although i was enjoying myself i still have not got used to being around so many people.

So that was it for the Bank Holiday music wise.
I am setting myself up for the next event i am going to which is... CJ of course hehe cant get enough of him, he plays in Grantham again This Friday which is the 2nd June 2017, he will be playing at the Royal Queen Pub.
Looking forward to getting to know him even more (:

I am just glad that with my photography, videos and even these blogs i can help out a little by helping promote the Musical Talent In Grantham.
A few people inc CJ was talking about how there needs to be more venues In Grantham to play live music, and that some of the best pubs that had live music have now gone.

I have to say that the last few weeks had been so busy with musicians in Grantham and i hope it keeps growing !!!

Please check out all the photography and videos of the Performances below and thank you for reading


my social links
https://www.facebook.com/dmpphotographyuk/
  https://twitter.com/DanMediaP
https://twitter.com/HLincolnshire
https://twitter.com/DMPWORLDMUSIC
https://twitter.com/DanielMVlogs
https://www.instagram.com/dmpadventures/
http://dannytheexplorer.tumblr.com/
http://dmpuk.weebly.com/


https://www.facebook.com/cjhattofficially
https://www.instagram.com/cjhattofficial/?hl=en


Grantham live music scene
https://www.facebook.com/Granthamlivemusicscene/
http://www.granthamlivemusicscene.co.uk/
https://twitter.com/glivemusicscene










No comments:

Post a Comment